InFlight and PeopleTray are products for managing mining Rosters, Flights and site-based Accommodation. They help site administrators schedule workers on to flights and into accommodation. Bookings are driven by FIFO rosters, maintenance projects and casual visitor requirements. The goals are better tools for travel administrators, better visibility of rosters and bookings for managers and a positive experience for all visitors to site.
Development of InFlight began in 2000, and followed a steady journey of enhancements to meet the needs of Western Australia’s largest and most challenging mining operations. In the following years it expanded to a broader range of mines and services businesses.
In 2016 PeopleTray began a new Cloud based approach to Rostering. The advantages have been significant, with PeopleTray being selected by many of the leading new mining projects since its first release early in 2020.
As a Microsoft Cloud solution, PeopleTray is easy to deploy. There are no project services or internal IT resources required. Administrators simply add their shift types and rosters. Load people and rooms from a spreadsheet, then click a button to build their flight and room bookings. Workers view their roster on the mobile app on their Andriod and iOS devices. The same App that captures their equipment pre-starts, Covid checks and inductions.
The cost of a PeopleTray license is lower than traditional solutions, and the ongoing cost of ownership is also significantly lower.
The PeopleTray Concept
PeopleTray Rostering is part of an integrated mine management solution. It has a central register of people so travel administrators, safety and training managers are all working with a trusted record of workers and contractors. It includes SMS communication and captures mobile checklists such as equipment pre-starts, Covid checks, site inductions and Drug and Alcohol checks together into the same system.
Mine managers have a clear view of their workforce, safety issues, compliance and visibility of which people and maintenance crews are scheduled to be on site, in a signal easy-to-use system.
Benefits for Travel Administrators
PeopleTray includes a range of innovative features to provide administrators greater visibility and control over travel and accommodation. It is quicker to make changes, and the available accommodation and flights are better optimised. Some of the special features in PeopleTray are:
- As a Microsoft Cloud solution, mining administrators can work from site, a city or home office, enhancing workplace flexibility. All changes are logged, and on-screen notes provide a simple method of communication between administrators in different locations.
- Using innovative UI concepts, PeopleTray provides a richer experience for administrators including single click roster changes, an elegant view of unmet Flight and Room requirements, and a single page for managing a person, with a powerful analysis tool to ensure the person is properly booked for their travel.
- Accommodation is a special challenge for most mine sites. PeopleTray’s 60 day view include a switch to view booking and shift types, with roll over tips to see group and person details for each booking.
- Priorities can be assigned to rosters and maintenance crews to help administrators get the right people to site when required.
- PeopleTray includes a configurable travel approval workflow for individuals and maintenance crews with custom fields to meet special requirements.
- Travel administrators can see the compliance status of each worker throughout the travel request and booking process.
- Crewed equipment such as Drilling Rigs of Processing Plant can be linked to shift types for easy visibility of equipment and plant crews.
- Integrated site Kiosk for workers to check in and out, ensuring a clear record of people at site, no shows and overstayers.
Both InFlight and PeopleTray will get the job done. For newer mines and contractors, PeopleTray is Cloud based solution that provides new opportunities for cost reductions and better visibility and control over employees, contractors, and visitors to the site.
If you would like to find out more about PeopleTray send us a message, or call. +61 8 6555 7793
Images of PeopleTray
Rich view of Person Travel and Room details
View and Edit Roster Changes. View booked Rooms and Flights.
On screen editing of Roster changes
Shift Type view of Room Bookings
Unified Mobile App – iOS and Android, including Offline
Click to send a message if you would like to find out more. Or we are happy to jump on a call to discuss.
+61 8 6555 7793