Sending email to contact notes
When you send emails from Microsoft Outlook, Gmail or any other emailing system, you can copy the email to the Notes tab of the contact in your CRM.
To do so, simply copy (cc) or blind copy (bcc) the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
When you do this, PeopleTray checks the Sent From person (yourself) to associate the email with your PeopleTray account. It then checks the first (one only) email that is entered into the Sent To field. It looks for a CRM contact person in your account with the same email address. If it finds a match, it adds the email to the Note tab of the matched contact.
A couple of tips:
- This will only work if you username is the same as the email address that you are sending from. Contact PeopleTray support to request you username to be updated if required.
- email@example.com must be entered into the cc or bcc field of the email you are sending.
- It will only copy to the notes of the first email address in the send to field.
- If you have two contacts in your CRM with the same email address, it will copy into the notes tab of both contacts.
- There is a 10k character limit on emails copied to the PeopleTray CRM.