PeopleTray provides the option of defining custom fields that can be associated with various entities, such as:
- Team Member profiles in TeamTray
- Company profiles in CRMTray
- Project Details
- Safety Incident reports
Types of custom fields include:
- Dropdown lists
- Text Fields
- Date Fields
Custom fields can be used to:
- Record additional information on the entity associated with the custom field.
- Search and filter lists based on the values of the custom fields.
- A food distributor could classify their customers or their team members according to the values of a custom dropdown selector.
- Additional information could be collected when reporting a safety incident, or creating a new project.
Image: Custom field optionally included on details page or custom tab.
Image: Custom field optionally included in Company filters.
Setting up custom fields
System Administrators have access to Settings where they can set up custom fields.
The general process for adding a custom field is:
- Define the custom field. (E.g. Company size or Size)
- Add the response options for the field. (E.g. Small, Medium, Large)
The steps are:
- Settings > Custom Fields > Custom Field Definitions
- Click button ‘Add Custom Field’ to display this form:
The above form defines the settings for the custom field:
- Name is the Name of the field.
- Description provides information to the administrator. Helpful if defining many custom fields.
- Type: This determines the type of custom field, Examples:
- Date Picker
- Dropdown List
- Text field
- Entity: This determines where the custom field will be used. For example:
- Company (added to Companies in CRMTray)
- Person (added to Person details in TeamTray)
- Sequence – The order of the fields on the page. Note that each Type of custom field is inserted in a system determined position on the Entity Details pages. Multiple custom fields of the same Type are ordered according to the Sequence number entered.
- Mandatory – The page cannot be saved unless the custom field has a value.
- Active – allows custom fields to be inactivated and reactivated.
- Display on Custom Page: If selected the Custom Field displays on a tab dedicated to custom fields. If not selected the Custom Field will display on the Entity Details page. The Custom Tab page must be activated from the Account Settings page.
- Searchable: If selected, a filter based on the custom field will be added to the filters for the Entity.
Activate the custom tab page for the Custom Field entity
Settings > Account Details
- Select ‘Display Custom Fields’ on Entity Name – Checkbox.
- Enter a name for the Tab.